Thursday, May 5, 2011

Trip to the South - Day 4

Today was all about fun in the sun...and more driving. We left Mobile bright and early and made our way down to Dauphin Island. It is a small island that make up one part of Mobile Bay. It has some lovely beaches and I trekked through sand that was as white and fine as sugar. My legs are so sore! Dauphin also has an old fort and an amazing B-B-Q place. From Dauphin Island we caught the ferry to Gulf Shores. This place is fun and has more souvenir shops than you can shake a stick at.  On our way to Panama City, Florida we went through Desdin and out of the corner of my eye I saw a Hard Rock Cafe. Naturally I had to stop. It is by far the smallest Hard Rock I have ever seen!
Now I have to get to bed because I am lightly burned and exhausted.

Dauphin Island, Fairy, Gulf Shores and Florida


No comments:

Post a Comment