Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Barbra Streisand on Oprah

Hello. My name is Michael and I am a Barbraholic. I have always loved me some Barbra Streisand. I have seen every one of her movies, even Up the Sandbox. (yuck!) I have read a book or two about Barbra. I owned many, many, many of her CDs and if you ever catch me singing in the shower it will most likely be a Barbra song. So, needless to say, I was not going to miss Barbra on Oprah. Was it a great interview? You bet it was! Although I turn into Linda Richmond when I see her. " Now I'm  faklempt, I'm a little faklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic, The Prince of Tides was neither about princes nor tides. Discuss".

But I digress...It really was good. First Oprah gave a little Streisand history lesson with plenty of photos and clips of this dynamic 5 decade career. Then out came Barbra. They started out with a little Oprah/Babs chat (had to get the deep questions out of the way) then Oprah had gotten clips from several of Barbra's leading men. Jeff Bridges, Kris Kristofferson, Mandy Patinkin and Nick Nolte (who looks liked hammered shit).  Next came Barbra singing "The Way We Were" and I have to say for a woman of almost 70 she still sounds great. Not quite the powerhouse she once was but age will do that to you. What Barbra didn't know was that Oprah had Robert Redford there as a surprise. Now Mr. Redford was born on August 18, 1936 but I have to say that man is still a hunk. I realize that he was probably wearing a Redford wig and his teeth were bought and paid for but I would still totally hit that. Anyhooooo...their segment was sweet and they still have the same spark they did 37 years ago when they made "The Way We Were".  
Finally, Barbra talks about her book, "My Passion for Design" and takes us on a tour of her new home. This clip was just crazy! I loved how she has created an old fashoned red barn, and a beautiful farm around it, out of nothing. She explained that she has chickens who lay green eggs and there is a pond with fish. Because the house trim is black and white the fish had to be black and white as well. That is pure DIVA. What I loved the most is that she has made her basement into a street of shops because she has so much "stuff" and just wanted to show it off. I need that! By the way, if anyone would like to get me a special Christmas gift I will happily take Barbra's new book. A portion of the proceeds go to Woman's Cardiovascular Research.

No comments:

Post a Comment