Friday, August 13, 2010

A surprising message on Facebook

This is a message I received form a woman on Facebook;

"I noticed you sing Opera... We are in need of someone to sing our National Anthem at our Rally. Would you be interested in helping us out? Brett Hill the entertainer has said he would do it, but I would like someone local to sing it.

Also:
I am contacting people in the Farmers Branch area to let you know about a sponsor/vendors booth opportunity this Sunday.

Commonsense Americans and Texans For Arizona's New Immigration Law are sponsoring the "Eagle's Fall Tour" Rally in Farmers Branch, Texas THIS SUNDAY, August 15, 2010.
It will be at the Historical Park from 1:00 to 4:00 PM.

We support securing our borders and no amnesty for immigrants.
We are offering commonsense solutions to these problems.

We are contacting Farmers Branch Businesses/civic organizations/youth organizations /church groups with an opportunity to raise money for their cause.

Currently Commonsense Americans have 2900 members and Texans For Arizona's New Immigration Law has over 11300 friends.

For $100.00 donation to sponsor our Rally, You will get your name put on our websites, your business/organization will be announced from the stage as a sponsor to the 2000 to 2500 expected attendees. The rally will be streamed live over the internet where your business will also be mentioned.

We will facilitate permitting, which we must get tomorrow, Friday.

If you are interested please contact Vicki at vicki@xxxxxxxx.com
As soon as possible. Thank you."

And this was my reply...
Vicki,
thank you so much for thinking of me. I am very interested in how you were able to find me and am amazed that you saw somewhere on my profile that I was a music major who wanted to be an opera singer (back in the early 90s) but you obviously overlooked the fact that I am very much against discrimination. This includes people who may or may not be here legally. In my opinion, unless you are a native American, you are here illegally.
You would be much better off getting someone like Brett Hill (whoever he is) to sing at your rally. If however you hear of a rally to end the horrible laws in Arizona and, unfortunately here in Farmer's Branch please do let me know. I would be more than happy to support and sing with a group who's message is one of love and fellowship and not one of intolerance and hate.
Thanks again,
Michael
So...how did I do? when I read the message my first thought was that I wanted to go all Julia Sugarbaker on her ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment