Friday, August 13, 2010

Round 2

OK...Miss Vicki is not going to give up so easy. She responded to my refusal with this note.

Hi Michael,

I went to BUY FB site.
It took me to your profile where it has that you are a trained opera singer. I knew you would be able to sing the National Anthem better than anyone else.

Please read our mission statement on our website. We do not support or condone discrimination of any kind. This is a legal issue where we believe the laws must be enforced, or changed.

My Hopi Indian blood kind of feels the same way! My ancestors were here waiting on everyone else.

I am on the Advisory board of Commonsense Americans. We want to offer commonsense solutions to our issues.

What we believe and advocate is we must enforce the laws on the books or let's change the laws. Let's make it where if someone from another country wants to come to America to work, has no criminal history, they are welcomed as a legal worker and can become an American Citizen easier than the laws are now.

If people come through Mexico from terrorist areas with criminal histories and try to cross our borders, we identify them and refuse them entrance. We do not want to see another 911.

From a sense that we can not afford amnesty to everyone now, we have to work to solve those issues. We are advocating commonsense solutions to solve these problems.

I personally was raised in South Texas. I have seen the people from Mexico that have suffered coming into America Illegally. The coyotes violate their human rights horribly. The coyotes do not care, they get the money and haul them in in humane conditions, drop them off south of the border patrol check point, the people from Mexico have to walk through brush, ranch country to get to the north side of the check point to be picked up again, many do not make it in the heat. Bodies are always being found in South Texas of people from Mexico that has died from heat exertion, dehydration and such. The children and Women are even affected worse than the men. I own property in the path of where they have to walk. One night a van was to pick them up, 30 were stuffed into the van, it overturned on our property. Many were hurt but ran and hid, not wanting to be caught. Some just gave up, hoping for a meal, shower and to be sent back home to start the trip again as soon as they could pay the coyote again.

I keep saying that if people only realized that if we enforce the laws as they are written, change laws to make it where the coyotes do not make money, make it where employers have to pay a decent wage to everyone and can not pay under the table lower wagers as well as have to pay benefits and taxes, we would all benefit from this.

Many times I have tried to get people in the media to do a human interest story about how badly the people are treated, but I suppose that does not sell advertisements and the big businesses are the ones that pay under the table and basically keep the people from Mexico in a modern day slavery, which I am completely and totally opposed to.

Brett Hill is a country singer that does missionary work. He is from Tennessee. I have only listened to a few of his songs, he has written a song for the tour which advocates standing up for America.

I too believe in love and fellowship, I do not take kindly to those that come to our country and take hostages in our planes and dive them into our trade center. My heart goes out to the bravest of the brave the men and women that took down the other plane headed towards Washington DC.

We must do something to identify and know who our enemy is. Terrorist that hate Americans simply because we are free are the racists the ones that discriminate based on a countries freedoms.

The more I learn about the way the terrorist countries treat their children and women, it not only breaks my heart, it sickens me to read about it. Men that believe God says they can have sex with 4 year old children, they can rape their wives and the list goes on.

My son spent a year in Iraq, what he saw was horrible conditions, the day he saw a terrorist strap a bomb onto a child and force him to run into the street toward my son and his battery as the boys mother was watching in horror, then, the terrorist shot the boy causing him to be blown up when it was thought the boy was going to kill the Americans, my son realized then, those are not people, they are worse than animals. He still has nighmares after 5 years.

Those are the people I do not want to see infiltrate our country. I have kind of gotten use to enjoying traveling when and where I want to without worrying about bombings, shootings and such.

I have been de-friending people like crazy in the past few weeks, as they post things I find offensive, off they go! Then I get a blazing email telling me I am thin skinned.. Nope, I just do not like to be called names and I don't think anyone else does either.

My grandmother use to sing Jesus loves all the children to me all the time. I was raised to see the things we all have in common, nose, eyes, toes, fingers, etc... I was the dark child amongst a bunch of blonds... I was always the "black sheep" of the family. I was also over weight when Twiggy was in... So I have been there done that had that done to me and it is not the way to get things done!

I sincerely hope this gives you a better understanding as to why I am a part of Commonsense Americans. Dan Baltes the Executive Director of Commonsense Americans and I are on the same page.

While Texans for Arizona's Law is another sponsor, they have some members that may or may not feel the same way... that is why Dan and I have worked outside of their group to get as many like minded people we can to help us with the rally. We want people with integrity that are not into racism, discrimination, intolerance or hate.

I do believe if you look at the Guest Speaker list it will validate what I am saying.

Our event will be streamed live on the internet as well as Dave Kenoly will be interviewing and broadcasting live for us.

*Sigh*...I am never going to get to sleep tonight.
My response;

I too have Indian blood running through my vanes. I am part Choctaw, I am also Swiss (they arrived in the 1500s), German (arrived in the early 1800s) and English (1900s).  All but my Choctaw relations were at one time immigrants. They came to this country for a better life. They may or may not have actually gotten a better life but they saw America as a beacon of freedom and hope.

I read your website and it has not in any way shape or form changed my mind. In fact, I was taken aback by the following statement;

We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'  [President Theodore Roosevelt, 1907]

I am saddened by this statement because I still think of America as a great melting pot. What made up America  in the past, and I hope that it continues to make it in the future is it's immigrants. My great grandmother could speak little English and taught all of her children German. We are proud of our German heritage and I for one do not want to forget it.
Unfortunately, so much of my Swiss heritage was lost that neither I nor my mother knew we were Swiss till I started working on my family tree. Now I am attempting to find out all I can about the ancestors who decided to come here. I enjoy calling myself Swiss, German, English and even on occasion an American. Not to mention a Texan, white, male, gay, bald, short and fat. As you can see, I am many different things, not just one thing. 

To the point you brought up about terrorist. The immigration laws have nothing to do with terrorist. That is just one of those scare tactics that groups like yours use because they have to make people afraid. Fear is always the driving force be it immigration, gay marriage, abortion, etc.
You keep talking about Mexico but terrorist don't just come up from Mexico. Not all of them may have criminal backgrounds either. I have read the law that was passed in Arizona. I have also kept up with the issue in Farmers Branch. This is simply racial profiling. We must keep Farmers Branch and pretty and white and useless as we can.
I encourage people not to move to Farmers Branch because it is run like a police state. This is a land where everyone has to be the same. You can't have too many things in your front yard. You can't have a car in front of your home that doesn't run and so on and so forth. And heaven forbid you be Mexican. I can just imagine what would happen if a group of Muslims wanted to build a Mosque here in Farmers Branch. This is not in any way shape or form a progressive town. 

You told the story of your grandmother singing to you about all the children of the world and told me that you were different from other people when you were growing up but it seems to me that instead of feeling compassion and having an open mind you have become one of the bullies.

I would wish you luck on your endeavors but honestly, I hope that this fails miserably.

No comments:

Post a Comment