Monday, August 16, 2010

Can I get an AMEN!

I am very, very happy to say that this afternoon Bart and I drove by the historical park here in Farmers Branch to check out the rally that Miss Vicki Lynn ask me to sing at supporting the lovely shindig put on by Commonsense Americans and Texans For Arizona's New Immigration Law. Well, There were literally tens of people out there! I bet that they had at least 30 people...although I am sure that 15 were speakers and organizers and we also noticed about a dozen people who looked like they were working security but hey! That means that around 3 or 4 people showed up.
Now I may be wrong in my numbers, but I know it was not the, and I quote " 2000 to 2500 expected attendees".  ***hehehe***
Anyway, I went to the facebook page for Commonsense Americans and there is a photo from yesterday of the stage that was all set up for the event. The next post is from just 33 minutes ago and it simply states how great the experience was. No numbers, no stats, no important info on the rally. I guess they couldn't even get any Fox "news" coverage.
I also went to the facebook page for Texans For Arizona's New Immigration Law and they show the stage and a Farmers Branch police "command center" as they are getting ready for the rally and then one sign that has a cowboy kicking Obama in the ass and it said Don't Mess With Texas. Then some performer on stage with not a soul to be seen around him.

It does this old queens heart good to see that some Americans actually do have common sense

1 comment:

  1. I am also sure you noted that the parking lots were full and in the 107 degree weather about 300 commonsense people found coolness in the shade of the trees not in front of the stage.

    What started out as a friendly invitation to sing our National Anthem at an event somehow has become a sounding board for you to write all about everything, picking and choosing parts to belittle and poke fun at. Note that at NO TIME has anyone poked or made fun of any of your statements, in fact, there have been supporting statements.

    I sincerely feel sorry for you because you are so obsessed with this issue.

    May God Bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete