Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I am a home improvement god!

I am really so very proud of myself. I just replaced the toilet in the master bath. Now I have never, ever had anyone show me how to do any plumbing but in the past I have figured out how to replace the workings of a toilet and once I had to get and install a new rubber thingy that joins the tank to the bowl for my mom. (Did I just loose points on rubber thingy?) I have also changed out faucets as well and have found it all, for the most part rather easy.
My new house has toilets that are OK but really nothing special. In fact, I believe that the previous owners must have just installed them this year when they updated much of the house to get it sold. My thing is I want something really nice, not just OK. I found these toilets at Sam's for just $99 and knew I had to get them. they are the high efficiency, dual flush, elongated seat, chair height toilets. Premo! LOL
I was going to hire a plumber to do it for me but I kept arguing with myself that the plumber would actually cost more than the fixture and that is ridiculous. I kept telling myself I could do it. the only thing I was really nervous about was the O ring. That is the sticky, waxy, things that seals the toilet to the floor and the plumbing. You always hear on the home improvement show how they warn you not to screw this up. you only get one shot and if you mess up you have to go get another O ring. I have to say...not a problem at all. it would have been easier if I had had someone helping me because that damn thing was heavy and it is not easy lining up the o ring and the two screws and dropping it in place.
Now that this is done I need to get to work on my new kitchen sink. Now that is really going to be pretty!
Here are the photos that I promised my Facebook friends. So exciting! LOL


This was the new toilet out of the box. The hardest part was lugging this upstairs.



The old toilet...Meh





LOL...look at that groovy wallpaper I found behind the toilet. I am so glad that was not all over the walls or I may not have bought this place.





Success...and a big mess that I need to clean up.


No comments:

Post a Comment