Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fire! Fire! Fire!...or not

Well, it has already been an exciting morning here at Warwick Castle. Right around 7:30am, while deep asleep I hear this banging. It reminded me of an unbalanced washing machine for some reason. A second later my puppy Rose starts barking her head off and looks terrified like some monster is after her. I jump out of bed and run into the hall and as I do I look out the window down to the front door and there are several firemen out there. This is when I realize that I am stark naked so I run back to the bedroom and throw on some shorts and grab a shirt. That is when the banging tuns into a crash and I hear "HELLO?!?". Rose is going crazy but will not leave my side for fear of the monsters and as I start to go down the stairs and am putting on my shirt here come a fireman up to rescue me.
It turns out that they got a call about a possible fire in the townhouse next door and needed me to get out. They had broken in my door when they hear Rose barking so they could rescue her. I had just enough time to slip on my flip flops and grab Rose's leash and follow the guys out.
I could prettyr much tell, even though there were four (FOUR) fire trucks and several police cars that there was really no emergency just from the general laid back manner that the firemen were conducting business. I could also tell that at least 75% of these guys were hot and there I was with no camera of any kind. Grrrrrrrrr!!!! About 30 minutes later the same fireman who asked me to leave my apartment, a strapping young blond hottie, came out to tell me that everything was clear. He also apologized for the front door but safety first. Part of me really wanted to be pissed about the door but how can you get mad when a sexy man comes charging into your home to rescue you from certain death? At this point I just wanted to get Rose back into the house and check out the damage...and get my camera so i could document this for blog purposes. lol
Natually, by the time i get inside and grab the camera all the guys are back on the trucks and I got nothing other than this story and a broken door. I really want to go back to sleep and have sexy fireman dreams. Le sigh!




No comments:

Post a Comment