Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Meeting Meredith Baxter

In my blog about the Jane Lynch book signing I mentioned how i enjoyed meeting Meredith Baxter more but i just realized that, although I posted it in Facebook I never did a blog on it. Sorry!
Meredith Baxter or of you are of a certain age MBB was at Nuvo on Cedar Springs here in Dallas on Oct 26. I met my friend Grant down there for coffee before the book signing and I was keeping an eye open for a crowd that never came. when we entered the store there were more employees than customers. I felt kind of bad for her but once I grabbed a book and went up to the table i could see that she was not troubled by the turn out. She really seemed to be having a good time chatting with a few locals. She was just as sweet as she could be and I have to admit I was more starstruck than i thought i would be. i believe it was seeing a character from my childhood. I loved Family Ties when I was a kid.
Anyway, I gushed for a minute and made a fool of myself I am sure but it was a great experience and a pleasure to meet her. The one thing I noticed was that she was my height which surprised me because i always thought of her as being short and then i realized that it is because she was with Michael gross on Famly Ties and he is 6'4". Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment