Friday, September 2, 2011

Currently Watching - Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of the MGM musicals from the 1950s. I was raised on them. My mom would always go through the TV Guide to see if there was going to be a musical on PBS on the weekends. I don't know how many times we watched these great old movies but I know I was hooked early on. I was always musical and although I didn't know at the time, gay so it comes as no surprise that one of my first crushes was Howard Keel. How could you not love this masculine, chiseled good looks and that rich baritone. (I have always had a thing for baritones)
Of all the musicals I love his are at the top. Seven Brides, Kiss Me Kate, Calamity Jane, Show Boat, Kismet.

As much as I love Howard Keel he has some competition from the other six brothers. They are all cute but I really like brother #2 Benjamen played by Jeff Richards. What a hunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment