Friday, March 4, 2011

Are you needy?

I just had a chat with a guy on Bear411 that quickly turned unpleasant. It never ceases to amaze me how people act. I can only assume that they have had little experience in social interaction.
it went something like this.
Him: hi
Me: Hello (if someone can't think of a better opening than hi I usually will not put much more thought into a response than Hello)
Him: How are you?
Me: I am doing great, How are you?
Him: I see that you have a boyfriend but I would love to meet and become friends.
Me: (Irritated that I have answered his question but he did not answer mine and seeing that he is from another part of the country and meeting him would involve a 15 hour drive.) LOL...OK.
Him: I would really love for us to become friends.
Me: Are you planning a trip to Dallas?
Him: I am moving there.
Me: Cool, I love Dallas. Great place to live!
Him: Yeah, I would love it if we could meet and become friends.
Me: (Feeling really uncomfortable now and trying to steer the topic in another direction) I am sure you will love Dallas. When are you moving?
Him: you don't seem to want to become friends.
Me: (Seeing that this is going nowhere) Sweetie, you are coming on VERY strong. Friendship is not something you can demand. It is something that just happens. You have to have a conversation and get to know someone. I am flattered that you would like to become friends but you telling me over and over that you want to meet and become friends is just putting pressure on the situation. It makes you seem needy. You may or may not be a very nice person, I don't know. I do wish you luck.
I left it at that. I doubt that I will hear back from him and he will tell everyone how much attitude people in Dallas have. I am a very private person and I like to get to know someone for awhile before I agree to meet. I imagine that he is also the same kind of guy that want's to fall in love and move in together on the first date. What ever happened to taking your time?  


No comments:

Post a Comment