Friday, February 25, 2011

STEVE HAYES: Tired Old Queen at the Movies - #69

This week Steve presents Singing in the Rain. This is another one of those old MGM musicals that my mother loved and would never miss it when it was on TV. With Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds you know it is going to be great but to me the stars that really shine are Donald O'Connor and Jean Hagen. One of my favorite things to say is "I can't stand him" a'la Lina Lamont.
I have to admit, I had no Idea that the singing voice of Lina Lamont is not Debbie Reynolds but actually Jean Hagen. We can all learn something new from the Tired Old Queen.

I recently showed my boyfriend the clip of Lina Lamont getting her diction lesson from Phoebe Dinsmore and he thought that she looked like my old drag persona Bethany Holmes. What are your thoughts?





No comments:

Post a Comment