Friday, June 18, 2010

Oh no...I will tell you what I think!

So, just yesterday I canceled my land line with Vonage. I was never using it and didn't see any point in keeping the service. I had called earlier in the year to cancel and was told that I was in a 2 year contract and that there would be a fee to cancel. I just love how these companies tell you after the fact that, just starting service means you are in a contract. So I decided to wait and cancel at the end of my "contract". I was told that I would need to cancel before 6/18/10 so I called on 6/17/10. Needless to say there was nothing fun about calling to cancel my service but thankfully, finally, it is done. But wait...what is this???? An email? From Vonage? With a survey???? Oh what fun.

(there were several multiple choice questions that I did not include here. This is just the good stuff.)


Please tell us why you are dissatisfied with how quickly you were connected.

I just hate it when you spend 15 minutes on the phone with a computer asking you personal questions and telling me it will help speed up the process, only to finally make it to a real person who ask me the same questions.

Do you have any advice for Daisy on what he/she could do differently?
Daisy, sweetie, it would be nice if you would not sound like you hate your job. I do understand. I have worked in several call centers myself and frankly.. I hated every minute of it. I know your boss is probably a total dick and you get no respect. Someone is always looking over your shoulder and then they send out stupid surveys to customers who wanted to cancel their service, but come on girl, at least try to make the best of it. It could be worse, you could be unemployed like so many other people.


Please tell us one thing that Vonage can do differently to give you a great experience. 
When I call at the end of my "contract" (aka: we are holding you prisoner for the next 2 years) to cancel my service don't tell me that there is a $45 fee to cancel BUT by the goodness of your heart you are going to wave it. I called on the last day of my contract. What do you want me to do??? call at exactly 12:01am? Or I guess I would have to call at 11:46 because I will be chatting with your computer for 15 minutes. Or I could have called even earlier and had a delightful little chat with Daisy about the weather, waiting for the seconds to slip away to that magical time when there is no fee. But, I am sure Daisy wouldn't be there so I guess I would talk to Rose or Petunia. Anyway...I don't think a "Great Experience" was in the cards for me this time...and there won't be a next time.  


Poor Daisy (I mean really...Daisy????) will be pissed when her stats are dragged down by this review. Too bad honey. Too bad. LOL

Special thanks to Miss Ruby Ann Boxcar who's open letter to Naomi Watts kept going through my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment